Is today the day we finally put our recent slump behind us, get three points on the board and begin a strong finish to the season?
Sunderland are in turmoil, much like we’re used to being at this stage in the season, and they’re in desperate need of a victory – so what better way to do that than at West Ham? You wouldn’t put it past them, and you certainly wouldn’t put it past us.
But there’s something about today that has me thinking we’re going to be back to our best at home, playing the type of football that had us up in third before Christmas and banging in goals for fun.
If you reckon the same and if you’re having a bet on the game then make sure you check the stats below, courtesy of Kick-Off.co.uk, before parting with your hard earned cash…
1. West Ham have won nine, drawn three and lost eight of their last 20 home Premier League games.
2. In their last 20 home games against teams positioned below them in the table, West Ham have won 13, drawn six and lost one of these matches.
3. West Ham haven’t beaten Sunderland in the Premier League at Upton Park since April 2010 but have drawn the last two meetings on home turf.
4. Overall, the Hammers have won 13 of these Premier League meetings with nine Sunderland wins and nine draws.
5. Don’t expect a goalfest with four of the last five of these Premier League fixtures at Upton Park seeing two goals or less.
6. Only Sunderland (7) and QPR (5) have picked up fewer points than West Ham (8) since Christmas.
7. Four of the last six West Ham home games have seen both sides finding the net.
8. In their last 20 home matches, West Ham have scored 1.3 goals per game and conceded 1.1 goals per game on average.
9. West Ham have the highest tally of headers on target (39) and headed goals this season (15).
10. In their last 20 home games, 65% of the 26 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 23% have come from set-pieces.
Backing the Hammers to win this weekend? Head over to the Kick Off West Ham v Sunderland predictions page for everything you need this weekend…