On paper we should win today’s meeting with Burnley quite comfortable. But West Ham don’t do comfortable.
Three points would boost our chances of a top ten finish, but Burnley are fighting for their Premier League status and will be up for it this afternoon.
All the stats point to a West Ham win, though. If you’re thinking of having a bet on the game, make sure you study KickOff.co.uk‘s betting stats below before parting with your money…
1. West Ham have won four, drawn eight and lost eight of their last 20 Premier League games.
2. In their last 20 home games against teams positioned below them in the table, West Ham have won 13, drawn six and lost one of these matches.
3. Adrian is the ninth goalkeeper in Premier League history to save three penalties in a row; no keeper has ever saved four.
4. West Ham lead the wins in this league fixture history (4) with two Burnley wins and three draws.
5. The Hammers have also scored first in all four of these league fixtures at Upton Park
6. West Ham are the only team not to score from the penalty spot in the Premier League this season, missing their one opportunity.
7. The last five of these league fixtures have seen both teams scoring as well as at least three goals being scored.
8. In their last 20 home matches, West Ham have scored 1.3 goals per game and conceded 0.9 goals per game on average.
9. The Hammers have scored with 9.5% of their long range attempts, the best conversion rate from outside the area of any team this season.
10. In their last 20 home games, 69% of the 26 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 23% have come from set-pieces.
Want to back the Hammers to get three points this weekend? Head to KickOff.co.uk’s West Ham v Burnley predictions page for all the betting tips you need!
Ultimate Form Guide