Things seem to be on the way up at West Ham after picking up four points in our last two league games and then thrashing League Two side Macclesfield 8-0 in the Carabao Cup.
The win at Everton and the home draw against an unbeaten Chelsea side were the games in which we really believed Manuel Pellegrini and his players had turned a corner following four consecutive league defeats, and that will definitely be true if we can avoid defeat to Man United this weekend.
Jose Mourinho and Man United appear to be in turmoil at the moment, with the Portuguese having a very public spat with Paul Pogba in training earlier this week.
This, coupled with the fact they’ve failed to beat both Wolves and Derby in the last seven days, could hand the Hammers the upper hand on Saturday afternoon.
Our recent record against the Red Devils isn’t exactly great, though, as you’ll find out in the list of interesting stats and milestones you should know before kick-off…
- We have won only one of our last 19 Premier League matches against Man United (D5, L13) – that win was indeed that 3-2 victory at Upton Park when we said farewell to the Old Girl.
- Man United are yet to concede a goal at London Stadium, having won 2-0 and drawn 0-0 in their previous two visits to Stratford.
- Man United have scored exactly two goals in all three of their Premier League away games this season, winning the last two and losing their first.
- As you should already know by now, Romelu Lukaku loves scoring against West Ham – he has 11 goals and three assists in his last 11 games in all competitions against the Hammers.
- And Anthony Martial also loves playing against us – the Frenchman has six goals and two assists in his last five appearances against West Ham in all competitions.
- While at Man City, Manuel Pellegrini became the second ever manager to win each of his first three Premier League games against Man United (after Carlo Ancelotti). Since then, he has failed to win the last three against United.