The return of Premier League football is perhaps more welcome than it normally would be after our poor showing in the Europa League over the last month.
A new manager, a bunch of exciting new signings and a new home just around the corner means this season is one of the most anticipated, exciting and important in the club’s history.
It starts on Sunday with a tricky away trip to Arsenal, and some would say it’s good that we’re getting a game we rarely win out of the way early, but you’ve got to believe we can spring a surprise on Sunday.
If you’re having a bet on the game this weekend, don’t part with your money before reading up on KickOff.co.uk‘s betting tips…
1. West Ham didn’t have the best away record last season, winning just three times on the road with seven draws and nine losses.
2. In the last 20 away matches, West Ham have scored 0.9 goals per game and conceded 1.6 goals per game on average.
3. After a four game unbeaten run against Arsenal, the Hammers haven’t won in the last 14 Premier League meetings, losing the last nine.
4. Overall, West Ham have won six of these Premier League fixtures with seven draws and 25 Arsenal wins.
5. Five of the last six of these league meetings have seen both sides scoring.
6. Back goals in this one as the last seven fixtures have seen three or more goals being scored.
7. In the last 20 away games, 12 of the 19 goals scored by West Ham have come from forwards, six from midfielders and one from defenders.
8. West Ham have kept a clean sheet in just 10% of their last 20 away games.
9. In the last 20 away games, 68% of the 19 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 32% have come from set-pieces.
10. The last 20 West Ham away matches have produced an average of 2.50 goals per game.
Play Fantasy Premier League? Join our league using the code below…