So it’s no secret that we tend to struggle at Aston Villa, and there’s not much to suggest we can make it two consecutive victories at Villa Park.
A Kevin Nolan brace earned us three points there last season, but asking Nolan to be the hero again this season would be like asking Sam Allardyce to play his strongest available XI each week – it’s just not going to happen.
Christian Benteke is on form for Sherwood’s Villa and they’re fighting for their Premier League safety, which suggests we could be in for a long, long afternoon in the Midlands.
Anyway, if you’re planning to have a cheeky flutter on the game today then don’t part with your hard earned moolah before reading the below betting statistics for the game, provided by our good friends over at KickOff.co.uk.
1. West Ham have won four, drawn eight and lost eight of their last 20 Premier League games.
2. However, West Ham haven’t won on the road in the top flight since the start of December and are winless in the last 10.
3. In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the bottom half of the table, West Ham have won seven, drawn six and lost seven of these matches.
4. West Ham are unbeaten in their last three Premier League games against Aston Villa, drawing two and winning one which came at Villa Park last season.
5. Overall, the Hammers have won eight of these league meetings with 12 Aston Villa wins and 17 draws.
6. Aston Villa have failed to score in four of the last five Premier League matches against the Hammers.
7. With that being said, four of the last five of these Premier League meetings have seen just one side scoring and under two goals being scored.
8. West Ham have played 37 times against Aston Villa in the Premier League without ever receiving a red card, the most games by a team who has not picked up a dismissal against one opponent.
9. In their last 20 away matches, West Ham have scored 1.0 goals per game and conceded 1.6 goals per game on average.
10. Two thirds of West Ham’s Premier League points (31/47) were won before Christmas this season. They’ve won just 16 points in their 18 top flight games since.
Want to back the Hammers to win this weekend? KickOff.co.uk has you covered for all your bets this weekend, head to their Aston Villa v West Ham predictions page for everything you need!
Ultimate Form Guide