We never beat Arsenal – simple as that.
Any hope of putting that to bed has been pretty much dashed by another injury crisis. James Tomkins, Winston Reid and Enner Valencia are all out injured, Alex Song faces a late fitness test and Carl Jenkinson is ineligible.
But you really never know what’s going to happen where West Ham are concerned. That’s been evident since the turn of the year, with late equalisers preventing us from collection three points against Man United and Tottenham, but being completely out-played and smashed by West Brom and Crystal Palace.
So if you’re have a bet on the game today – there’s really only way you should naturally go, but don’t do that before reading through KickOff.co.uk‘s stats below…
1. West Ham have a pretty even split in their last 20 Premier League games, winning six, drawing eight and losing six.
2. In their last 20 away games, 14 of the 24 goals scored by West Ham have come from forwards, 9 from midfielders and 1 from defenders.
3. West Ham have scored the first goal in four of the last five Premier League meetings with Arsenal, but the Gunners have come back to win on each occasion.
4. West Ham haven’t beaten Arsenal in 13 Premier League games, last winning in April 2007.
5. Both teams have scored in the last five of these Premier League meetings.
6. Furthermore, the last six of these fixtures in the top flight have seen at least three goals being scored.
7. Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League London derbies at the Emirates, but West Ham were the first team ever to beat Arsenal at their new stadium back in April 2007.
8. In their last 20 away matches, West Ham have scored 1.2 goals per game and conceded 1.5 goals per game on average.
9. Sam Allardyce has never coached a winning team away at Arsenal in the Premier League, losing seven and drawing three of his 10.
10. In their last 20 away games, 71% of the 24 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 29% have come from set-pieces.
Fancy a bet on the Hammers this weekend? Head over to KickOff’s Arsenal v West Ham predictions page for everything you need.