Let’s not beat around the bush – the chances of us winning today are extremely slim.
We haven’t won there in 42 attempts over 52 years and the last goal we actually scored there was nine years ago when Bobby Zamora netted in a 2-1 win. Martin Skrtel did score for us since then in 2013, but we’re pretty sure he didn’t mean to.
Anyway, regardless of our atrocious record at Anfield and our current form, if you’re thinking of putting a bet on the game this afternoon then make sure you consider the stats below, courtesy of our friends at KickOff.co.uk.
1. After going 12 Premier League away games with a win, the last West Ham game on the road saw them beat Arsenal 2-0 on the opening day of the season.
2. In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, West Ham have won 1, drawn 6 and lost 13 of these matches.
3. West Ham have never won a Premier League game at Anfield, losing 14 and drawing five.
4. The Hammers have also only scored once in their last seven trips to Liverpool in the top flight.
5. However, in their overall Premier League history, West Ham have won this fixture seven times including the meeting at Upton Park last season.
6. In their last 20 away matches, West Ham have scored 1.1 goals per game and conceded 1.4 goals per game on average.
7. 13 of the last 17 of these Premier League meetings overall have seen at least three goals being scored.
8. In their last 20 away games, 67% of the 21 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 33% have come from set-pieces.
9. The last 20 West Ham away matches have produced an average of 2.50 goals per game.
10. In their last 20 away games, 13 of the 21 goals scored by West Ham have come from forwards, 7 from midfielders and 1 from defenders.
Want to back the Hammers to break their Anfield curse this weekend? Don’t forget to head to the KickOff.co.uk Liverpool v West Ham predictions page for all your betting!
ULTIMATE FORM GUIDE