If you’ve been supporting West Ham long enough then you’ll know today’s game won’t be a straight forward affair.
The way our first two games have gone this season, it’s already very difficult to know what West Ham team are going to turn up. Will we turn it on like we did against Arsenal, or roll over like we did against Leicester?
Either way, Bournemouth have been unlucky in their opening two games and will be one hell of a tough test at the Boleyn Ground today.
Thankfully, our record against teams positioned in the bottom half of the table is pretty impressive. In our last 20 games against teams below 10th, we’ve won 12, draw six and lost two.
It’s that kind of form that convinces me we’re going to get all three points today, and if you’re having a bet on the game then backing us really wouldn’t be a bad thing to do.
And here are a load more stats to help make your betting decisions this afternoon, provided by our good friends at KickOff.co.uk…
1. West Ham have won nine, drawn four and lost seven of their last 20 home Premier League games, but have lost the last two.
2. However, overall the Hammers have won just four times in the last 20 Premier League games, drawing six and losing 10.
3. In their last 20 home games against teams positioned in the bottom half of the table, West Ham have won 12, drawn six and lost two.
4. Six of the last eight of the Hammers Premier League games have seen just one side scoring.
5. In their last 20 home matches, West Ham have scored 1.3 goals per game and conceded 1.0 goals per game on average.
6. There could be a lack of goals as seven of the last nine of the Hammers Premier League games have seen under 2.5 goals scored.
7. In their last 20 home games, 69% of the 26 goals scored by West Ham have come in open play, whilst 27% have come from set-pieces.
8. West Ham do pretty well at scoring first on home turf in the league, doing so 13 times, conceding first six times and registering a 0-0 draw on one occasion.
9. In their last 20 home games, 11 of the 26 goals scored by West Ham have come from forwards, 11 from midfielders and 3 from defenders.
10. The last 20 West Ham home matches have produced an average of 2.30 goals per game.
Ultimate Form Guide
Want to back the Hammers for a second win of the season this weekend?